I am one of the few voters that are still undecided on which box to place a cross on on the 23rd of June 2016. Will remaining in the EU or exiting it benefit Britain the most?
So far I have gathered the following from doing a little research online and reading the numerous leaflets that comes through the letterbox every so often!
Pros of Brexit :
- Billions of pounds will be saved as Britain will no longer be required to pay in to the EU budget
- Britain can set up its own rules for immigration and the numbers can be controlled
- British businesses would be free from EU regulations which can be very restrictive and tight
Cons of Brexit:
- The EU will no longer provide millions of pounds to UK universities to help with the costs of research
- Britain will no longer have an influence/say in Europe but will still need to contribute to the EU budget if they want access to the single market
- It is estimated that thousands of jobs could be lost within the first two years of Brexit
I think leaving the EU is a risky decision as there are so many uncertainties surrounding it but the potential benefits seem promising.
Are you voting in or out and why?
Comment below 🙂